- Over 833 acres (made up of approximately 76 plots, all currently Freehold titles.
Main House (located on two levels):
- Main entrance to the upper level .
- A luxurious Mvule staircase connecting the upper and lower levels.
- Five air-conditioned bedrooms, comprising one large master (with king size bed), with 2 ensuites. In addition, there are a further 3 lower level double rooms, all ensuite.
- Open plan dining/lounge area measuring 100ft, with a fully glazed frontal aspect taking in the spectacular views (including a water hole and mud wallow), leading onto a full length balcony/sitting/viewing area.
- Bar area, next to a feature fireplace and games area with a full size snooker table.
- Fitted kitchen and stores.
- Lower level TV/lounge area plus an air-conditioned study/office.
- 30 foot indoor heated (solar) swimming pool.
- Covered parking area outside with space enough for multiple vehicles.
Spectacular use has been made of natural rocky outcrops which have been built into the lower level of the structure, creating a natural “cave” entrance to the lower guest bedrooms. This, combined with the meticulous design and construction style, give a delightfully rustic feel to the house.
Separate 2 bedroom bungalow:
- Two large air-conditioned bedrooms (one with a super-king bed), both ensuite with closet room area.
- Large ‘L’ shaped lounge/dining (both bedrooms and lounge leading onto a large verandah).
- Fitted kitchen/garage/workshop.
- Large parking area.
- Partially furnished.
- Two staff quarter buildings, consisting of 1 x 4 rooms plus 1 x 6 rooms with lounge/TV area/kitchen/showers/WC/wash area and stores.
The property has its own borehole, 3-phase KVA generator, huge underground water storage facilities, plus 3-phase mains electricity and mains water connection.
All the accommodation, including most of the garden is protected from wildlife encroachment by an electric fence. An electric fence also extends along the top boundary of the property.
The property has an aircraft parking area, with an aircraft to the shared Kenya Wildlife Service grass airstrip (25m x 950m) +500m – know as “Shimba Park”.
The sale will include various machinery (including a tractor/grass cutter for airfield maintenance), maintenance equipment/spares/staff vehicle etc).
This property has massive untapped potential and with the right owner, can be utilized in several ways to realize that potential.
- As sit sits on the highest point on the coastal belt, this property offers a rare opportunity for wind energy power generation.
- With its cool weather, the property is ideal for a hospital/medical facility.
- Continue as an exclusive, tranquil top end private residence.
- Transformed for commercial use – i.e. exclusive high end hotel/spa/conference facility/university/research centre, etc.
- Conversion into a private wildlife and forest conservation sanctuary.
- Split or sub-divide into a number of high end individual building plots/gated community, etc.
- With the imminent construction of the Dongo Kundu by-pass, linking Mombasa west to the South Coast, the value of this and other properties within the South Coast will be trippled, with high end constructions in anticipation of the planned by-pass already happening.
Guide Price: USD4m