A magnificent, uniquely designed house with several outbuildings, plus a developing farm, all on 18 acres of “Freehold” land.
- Approximately 8 acres are covered in mature trees, mainly mature cashew, mango and many indigenous species, including Mkelekele, Bambakofi, Mpingo, Mchani and Mvule.
- 1.5 acres of coconut trees have been intercropped with Bixa.
- Most of the forested area has been left to nature. Apart from the seasonal river and rainwater harvesting, there is also a spring that has water for much of the year.
- Magnificent views and vistas all around, to the south and east, the coastal plain and the Indian Ocean coastline, to the north and west, the rolling hills of Shimba, including the National Reserve.
- Fenced on three sides with a riparian boundary on the fourth.
The House: (Still requires finishing, principally plumbing and electrics).
- 200sqm of floor area.
- 2 large bedrooms each with provisions for ensuite facilities.
- Full size “farmhouse” style kitchen area.
- Covered terrace.
Solar powered lighting scheme. (There is a transformer 600m from the boundary).
18,000ltrs from the rainwater harvester and a further 5,000ltrs from the mabati/mud house.
- Rainwater harvester and store.
- Makuti roof, coral stone dwelling (approx. 38sqm).
- Mabati/mud house: Two separate rooms with outside shower.
- Bamboo/mabati animal shed/open store (45sqm).
Price is negotiable.